The O'Fallon Law Firm L.L.C.

Motions for Contempt

Often, a former spouse fails to do something the Court has ordered them to do. Commonly, that is payment of child support, maintenance, health insurance premiums, uninsured medical costs or extracurricular costs. The best way to enforce the Court’s order is through a Motion for Contempt. Unless the contemptuous party can show the Court that they did not have the ability to comply, the Court can hold them in contempt of court. Normally, the Court might give them some time to come into compliance. However, should that opportunity pass, the Court has the authority to fine them, order them to pay your attorneys fees and ultimately order them committed to the county jail. If you believe you have a situation warranting a motion for contempt, we can assist you.
Fill out my online form.